Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sick

Around here today we had some major sick for the little birthday boy.  He woke up around 3:30 a.m. crying and coughing.  My hubby headed in to check on him and I could tell from his words that my little boy was puking.  BLAH!!  Never really had the stomach bug since he was old enough to realize what was happening.  So, I get in the bathroom in time to see hubby cleaning him up and that meant only one thing: I got bed clean up.  Did you know that if you put the sheet straight into the washer you WILL have to clean the chunks out later?  I know that, but at 3:30 A.M. I didn't really care.  Of course, at that point my little man was running around his room jumping up and down saying he felt great and wanted to eat something . . . at 3:30 A.M. (if I hadn't already mentioned that)!!  This of course woke up my oldest daughter who wanted to check to see if everyone was okay.  Then neither one of them could go back to sleep.

An hour later at 4:30 A.M. I heard thumping on the other side of the wall, where my girls' room is.  I walk in and my oldest has her little lamp on over her bed and is reading.  In my mind I am like, "Really?".  So then I tell her to shut it down for the night (or morning, which ever is more appropriate) only to have the puker doing it again about 30 minutes later.  So, we skip church, shut the sick one in his room (gotta keep it contained), set up a mini movie theater in there, give him Ipad & toys galore and tell him he can't come out.  That sounds so mean, but do we really want the other 2 kids to go through this and lose the whole week, which is Spring Break BTW?!  He actually did really well and Daddy and I traded off going in and keeping him entertained.  He definitely wins the award for most times watching Aladdin in one day.  He seriously watched it over and over, nothing else.  In fact, I believe I am still listening to it now.

Girls played together all day, outside and in.  They played all real girly things like baby dolls and tea party.  They were so good!  

And now all three angels (and they truly were today) are sound asleep.  My little man is still running fever, but sleeping.  Oh, and did I mention that my baby girl has croup?  Hey, all in a day's work . . . right????

No comments:

Post a Comment