Monday, March 11, 2013

My Little Man . . . and his kindred soul

Over the past weekend we had a nice, long, drawn out weekend celebrating my little man turning 5.



He's getting to be such a big boy and told me last night before he went to bed, that he really felt older.  Our final celebration was yesterday, on his actual birthday, at my parent's house.  It was a small family party with a bit of bittersweet.  

You see Sean was born on March 10th which already held a special place in our hearts, because it was my grandmother's birthday.  In fact, he was born on her 80th birthday.  I remember telling her that I was sorry we couldn't make it to her big party, but I had the best present for her.  She loved sharing her birthday with Sean.  You know it's funny Sean seemed to always have a bit of a special bond with Gram Gram.  His favorite thing was to spend the day with her, by himself.  I would ask her what they did that was so exciting.  She told me, nothing.  They would just sit and play, eat & watch TV.  He just loved being at her house with her.  

2 weeks ago, today, Grammy ended a week-long fight after having a bad fall.  She was the strongest person I knew and lived a long, fruitful, beautiful life, leaving a legacy of children, grandchildren & great grandchildren who all treasured her.  Although we miss her tremendously we know that she is in a better place, dancing with Papa.  


Happy Birthday Grammy!  We love and miss you!!
  


1 comment: