Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Odd Man Out

So there is this phenomenon that I have noticed, along with many of my other mommy friends.  I have dubbed it the odd-man-out syndrome.  This is the inevitable chaos that ensues when you have an odd number of children.

You see I have 3 children and they are constantly fighting in a sort of tug-of-war fashion.  No matter what the game or activity, with 3 kids, one always feels left out.  I used to think this was just me, but I have other mommy friends that have noticed this with their own kids and during playdates.  I have even had 6 kids together, but it was 3 boys & 3 girls.  And guess what, 2 of the boys hung together and the 3rd was odd-man-out.

Now I am sure that this phenomenon is also facilitated by the individual children's personalities.  My oldest doesn't usually suffer in the left out role, but she is very good at entertaining herself so she will just go do her own thing.

This week my oldest is off with her grandmother for a few days and my other 2 children having been getting along better than ever.  They have even been almost sweet to each other & my house has been just a little quieter.

*WHEW*  It's been a nice break.

Guess I should have pointed this issue out to my hubby when trying to convince him we needed one more baby?!?!  I'm still not sure that would have worked though.

Anyone else out there noticed this???

No comments:

Post a Comment