Sunday, July 28, 2013

Camp Fear

I rarely post these days, but today is a day worthy of some of my thoughts.  As I type, Scott and I are taking our oldest daughter to summer camp.  What makes this such a momentous occasion is that this will be her first time to go to stay-away camp, for a whole week.  She is very excited, but also very apprehensive.  She asked me the other day what she would do if she misses me.  I explained that she probably would miss us, but that is just part of the camp experience.  I told her that when I missed my parents I always found that writing them a letter helped.  So, she is all ready with her special stationary and stamped, addressed envvelopes.

I, however, am not going to hold my breath waiting for a letter.  I know that she is going to be so busy she probably won't have time to write.  And that's okay too.

My husband and I both attended this same camp when we were kids so there is a lot of nostalgia here.  

So after her bed is made up and all her labeled things are in order in her cabin, and pictures are taken here's to hoping this Mommy isn't the one crying when it's time to leave her there.


No comments:

Post a Comment