Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reborn

So, yesterday I made homemade bread for a party we had last night.  I just have to say that I love making bread from scratch.  It is so easy and way yummier than store-bought.  Long ago, before I had kids I started making bread for Thanksgiving, but that was abandoned after my first, J, was born.  I must say though that I am newly inspired to start again.  My goal this year is to start making my own sandwich bread.

This new goal makes me think of something else "new" I am doing, clothes shopping for myself.  I haven't really shopped a lot for myself (except for maternity clothes) in almost 6 years.  I mean, I have flip flops (which are, by far my most favorite shoe) from Payless that are 10 years old.  I am basically back into the size of most of the clothes in my closet.  However, my body is shaped differently now & the fashions are all new.  Go figure!  So, I have gone a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, and I find myself at a complete & total loss.  6 years ago I could shop in the junior section, now . . . not so much.  So that leaves me with the "older" clothing section & I don't feel as if I quite fit in there either, hence the naming of this post.  I definitely am being reborn & rediscovering what it means to be a woman (albeit older now), not just a baby machine.  So, another goal for me is to rebuild my wardrobe with cute, trendy, age appropriate clothing . . . if that is possible.  Maybe the money I save on making my own bread will provide me with enough money to do this!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So glad you have jumped on the band wagon and started a blog!

    ReplyDelete