Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Clean House

Okay, so I have decided that a totally clean house is overrated and near impossible with 3 small children.  However, as a self-professed sufferer from OCD, this has been a very difficult statement for me to say and to live.  In fact, to be completely honest, I still struggle with it every minute of every day.  Secretly I would like for my house to look like those houses in those decorating magazine pictures, but that is just not realistic.  All this being said, I am still on a quest to find a happy medium between the serene calm of those magazine homes and the utter chaos of mine.  

Enter this new book I discovered yesterday . . . 31 Days to Clean-Having a Martha House in the Mary Way by Sarah Mae.  I bought it for my Kindle and started yesterday.  Stay tuned to see how it goes!  

Any thoughts on how you keep your house under control??  Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I have always yearned for that ideal home look but find it leads to a feeling of failure at never reaching that state of perfection. So I am a little more relaxed about it, but I still find myself, at times, wistfully wishing for that "magazine home"!

    ReplyDelete