Monday, August 8, 2011

Delicious Banana Cupcakes

In my last post I referenced a cake recipe, so I figured that while I am in recipe sharing mode I would post this one as well.  However, I do have to make a disclaimer again.  I usually always make cakes homemade.  Now I don't say that in a haughty way, but I have never taken that particular shortcut.  My reason for this has been that I think cake is such an easy thing to make and it tastes better than using a box (however, I do think that box cakes make good cakes).  Once again, though, as a mother of 3 small children I am beginning to take every shortcut that I can in order to make my life easier.  This recipe came out of my needing to make Laura a cake for her 2nd birthday and having only one day in which to make, frost & decorate it.  I had a box cake mix on hand so I punted and this was my result.

Banana Cupcakes
1 white cake mix
1/2 c oil
1/2 c water (plus a bit extra if batter is too thick)
4 eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed*
1 sm box vanilla instant pudding

Mix & bake according to package directions.  Batter will be thick.

I frosted with a cream cheese frosting.  They were super moist and delicious!

*I always have 4-5 overripe bananas in my freezer and this is what I used.  They are very runny, so don't use regular bananas because I think the cake would turn out too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment