Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankfulness Day 17: Godparents

Today I am thankful for my children's Godparents.  My husband and I followed in my parents footsteps on this one and chose 2 sets of Godparents for each of our children, one set family and another set friends.  The idea here being we knew our brothers & sisters would play a big role in our children's lives.  However, we firmly believe the old adage "it takes a village".  There will be so many people that come in and out of children's lives who will make impressions, good & bad.  It is this collective of parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, Godparents, friends, neighbors & acquaintances that will help to mold our children.

We chose 5 wonderful friends from our church to be our children's non family Godparents.  Now I know that these are potentially people that we will not know our whole lives.  Things change, people move, etc.  Even if for only a season though, these are special people whom my children dearly love and look up to.  Besides our family, these are the people we turn to when we need help, these are the people whom we confide in.  Basically, these Godparents are our family & our children absolutely adore them.  So thanks to you all!!  We cherish you and thank God for the wonderful richness you bring to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment