Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankfulness Day 7: Variety of People

I am struggling with today's thankfulness post because I have not been having lots of happy thoughts today.  Through this process though, I am finding that is all the more reason to keep writing about thankfulness.  It's forcing me to look at everything from a positive angle.

So, today I am thankful for the variety of people that are in my life.  How boring would life be if I was constantly surrounded by people who did nothing but agree with me and tell me that I am always right.  I think for sure I would have a severe, false sense of self & reality.

The truth is that I may not always agree with everyone in my life.  However, having a variety of opinions on differing subjects helps me to see situations from different vantage points.  It also helps me to really try and look into people's hearts, because that is who they really are.  Fact of the matter is that just because I disagree with someone doesn't mean I don't like them.  We may have to agree to disagree but something we all owe each other is respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment