Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankfulness Day 5: Pictures

Today I am thankful for pictures.  I sat down an hour ago to look for one picture and now here I am with a stiff back from sitting in a desk chair and squinty eyes from staring at the computer screen.  I was pulled in by all the memories.  I guess it's not the pictures that I am thankful for, but the memories they capture.  It's a bit like time travel.  You are transported back in time and reminded of past joys, triumphs, sorrows, tears, holidays, etc.  As a parent I find it to be a little bittersweet to see my babies as babies.  I miss those stages and who they were at each certain point in time.  This weekend my father was holding my 6-year-old and told her what he wouldn't give to have me back at that age for just a moment.  As I was just looking at some holiday pictures from just 3 years ago, I had the same thought; oh what I wouldn't give to have them each back as an infant and hold them once more.

So, I will try harder each day to hold onto the little moments like pictures in my mind, and take plenty of photographs for when I will inevitably forget.






No comments:

Post a Comment